Thursday, May 1, 2008

Reflecting Back

As many of you may know, I will be heading to High Point almost a week from now. The other night, I called Mr. Stone and talked to him for a while. For those of you who do not know, Mr. Stone is Jason Stone's dad. Talking to Mr. Stone brought back a lot of memories from my childhood, and I would like to share them with you.

1. Eating pizza on Friday nights at the Stone household.

2. Going over to Jason's house, bringing my laptop, and playing The Sims, Flight Simulator, or some other game.

3. Pretending like Jason's room was a spaceship, flying around, killing aliens, etc.

4. The nights when my parents, the Stones, and the Joyces would get together and play cards till 2 or 3 in the morning.

5. In second grade, pretending like I was Willy Wonka from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

6. Christmas break during 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. I would go over to the Stone's house, listen to Christmas music, play Tony Hawk, eat Christmas cookies, and listen to Murphy in the Morning.

7. After school was over in 8th grade, I would go over to Jason's house and sleep in the afternoon, play GTA3, and listen to Led Zeppelin.

8. Playing flashlight tag.

9. In 8th grade, playing ring-and-run on this kid's house every weekend strait for 8 or 9 weeks. Incredible.

10. Going to the Elks Pool everyday during the summer before 8th grade.

11. Playing Super Mario.

12. Watching The Wonder Years on Nick-at-Nite.

13. Playing "War" or "James Bond" around the block.

14. The day I went to pizza hut with Chris, Ryan, and either Jason or Jimmy. It was the same day that Ryan moved in to the neighborhood.

15. Leaving High Point. :(

Only 15 memories do not do justice to the time that I spent in High Point. I can think of countless other times and things that I did with all of my friends growing up. The few memories I have written down were memories that I happened to recall after a talk with a few of my old friends. I can't wait till the 10th!

No comments: