Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Superlatives (According to Facebook Ratings)

As I signed on to Facebook tonight for the estimated 30th time, I received a notification saying that I had been compared to someone. It turns out I was voted a happier person! I continued on to look at my rankings.

Some rankings are accurate (according to my opinion), and some rankings are not.

I won 3 out of 3 votes for better taste in music. I can't argue with this. I mean, who could vote against someone who is well-versed in the likes of Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Huey Lewis & The News, Jack Johnson, Pink Floyd, John Williams, and Richard Cheese, to name a few. I would be surprised if you recognized more than three of the names listed.

I won 3 out of 3 votes in the category of "More likely to skip class." Ha. In high school I missed 6 days during my sophomore year. The rest of the time I had perfect attendance. In college I've missed 2 guitar classes, 1 exercise class, and 1 English class. I missed my English class because I had to volunteer for six hours for another class. The next time I'm skipping class, I'll be sure to remember that I'm "More likely to skip class."

I also had 3 out of 4 and 2 out of 2 on "smells nicer" and "rather have dinner with," respectively. Wow, I must have been compared to some fairly horrible people if this is the case. I played football in high school, which meant that weight training was in the morning during either first or second period. I know that I smelled like ass after each weight training because I would wear the same gym clothes for a week or two before washing them. Yeah, gross. The "having dinner" part is just as comical. I'm 20 years old and my parents still hassle me about my manners as the table. A few of my campers at the YMCA comment about how I chew with my mouth open when I eat an apple. My only defense for someone wanting to have dinner with me is that I can bring some interesting conversation (just ask anyone that ate dinner with our crew during the past year).

I received 2 out of 2 votes for "most fashionable." For those of you who know me, you know how lax I am about my dress. I usually throw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt for the day (sometimes a collared-shirt). Oh well, I must have been compared to Yoda and Richard Simmons for my two wins.

Some of these are kind of accurate though.

Some of the ones that I did not fair well in are "would rather sleep with," "rather kiss," "more attractive (which I only got a 3 out of 9 on)," "better body," and "nicer."

Hmm, I'm going to have to argue that since the rankings about me being "more fashionable," etc., are incorrect, then I must be "more kissable," "better body," etc.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

No comments: