Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eliminating the Unessential

If anyone out there actually reads this thing, then...well....wow. Ok, kidding, here is an update on my status.

I started school on the twentieth of this month. This is my first semester as an English major, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm reading some of the greatest texts in history which are broadening my knowledge of human understanding. I'm also enrolled in Philosophy of Ethics. I'm enjoying my philosophy class, and I'm quite sure that I'm going to minor in philosophy, even if it adds another semester or two to my time as an undergrad.

Living in an apartment, away from campus, has been truly beneficial. I have a break on M,W, and F from 10 until 2. During this time, I go the library and study. Unlike my previous years of college where I would go back to my room and sleep when I had a break, I spend my time studying or reading. I also enjoy having a bedroom to myself.

Now, since I've completed my update, here is my thought for the day:

"Getting rid of the unessential"

Unburden your life. Only take what is essential and increase your happiness as you put yourself in to balance.

No comments: